2/03/2014

Vision Board Workshop

Me holding my Vision board
On Wed.  Jan. 29th we hosted a vision board workshop.  I was very excited about this process I have never built a vision board before.  I was reminded by a friend of mine that as a child I always had vision boards.  I would often tape magazine tear outs of fashion models and clothing all over my walls.  I had the vision of working in the fashion industry and that was my motivation day by day.  So I will say this is my first time purposely building a board.

We had about 8-9 ladies in attendance. different ages and different walks of life but we had one goal in mind.  We have a vision and we're taking the 1st step to see that vision come to completion.  The way my mind works I can't think about thing too much.  I had no idea what to put on the board.  Was I supposed to put things I really want like I want to be Americas Next Top Model or attainable things?  Was I to put things I knew I could accomplish this year or goals that might take a couple of years.  As I flipped through the magazines I realized that this was not going to be easy.  I began ripping out pages of pretty pictures and words that sparked my interest.  It finally dawned on me that there are plenty of attainable things that I want, need and have to have 1 being I would like to grow my celebrity.  Now with that I don't mean I need or want to be a celebrity but Style Haven and Corin Wright are brands and I need for the people not in my direct circle to know that.  So with that said I ripped the cover off of my Vogue magazine that's my start.  I printed out a picture of myself pasted that on and it took off from there.  After I had a plan it was a very easy process.  I truly enjoyed the experience because it was shared with like minded individuals.  We threw ideas and thoughts off of each other and each of us left with a task of making our vision come to completion.  I encourage you to put your goals, thoughts and dreams in front of you it's a tool to help you obtain these things.













No comments:

Post a Comment