7/21/2011

Artist Spotlight: Charu Vyas



Charu Vyas considers herself more like a gypsy.  Born in India, raised in Israel and has traveled and lived across the globe including France, Spain, and the US.  Charu says she gains inspiration from many places "A painting, love, a beautiful woman dressed elegantly on the metro, a movement of a dancers body, a tribal woman from India or Africa wearing her traditional costumes.  My beautiful mother, from  the universe of colors that surround us and from my imagination and desires"


I did a Q&A with Fashion Designer Charu Vyas and here is what she had to say.


Style Haven: Do you have any brothers and sisters?  Are they involved in Design?

Charu:   I have many brothers and sisters, while each are talented in their own way none are in Fashion. My mother is the only one who used to create incredibly beautiful and sophisticated garments. All this without ever learning how to sew. She first introduced me to designing, fashion, taste and elegance.

SH: What is your personal style?

C:  My personal style is very diverse. In my closet you will find a shimmering sequence black dress with high heels and a very edgy jumpsuit with army combat boots.  I love flowing moving dresses and fine tailored suits.

SH: What is the first designer that you bought? What was it?
C:  The first designer I bought was an Israeli designer called Gideon Oberzon it was my first pair of prescription eye glasses. 

SH: What is your favorite type of music? Favorite artist?
C:  I love hip hop music mostly to dance to, and Bob Dylan is an all time favorite. 

SH:  Where is your favorite place to vacation?
C:  Sinai,Eygpt.  The most enchanting place ever. The perfect combination between  desert and sea.

SH:  What new projects do you have coming up?
C:  Working and collaborating with choreographers at the Israeli opera house. Creating a new studio space in Israel and venturing into new fabrics.

SH:  What accomplishments are you most proud of?
C:  Being able to live from my passion and art.  Creating costumes for a theatre group in Israel. Selling my clothing in boutiques in Paris, New York and Tel- Aviv. 

You can find Charu Designs on theses various social networks...


      Facebook- Charu Vyas
     Twitter - Charulita
      Linkedin- charu vyas











No comments:

Post a Comment