7/24/2011

Mauerpark Market...Berlin, Germany


On my visit to Berlin I visited Mauerpark the mecca of thrift shopping. When I arrived I was so overwhelmed with the amount of vendors and products that they had. Good thing I was there with a Berliner (local) because I would have bought everything @ the door and for way too much. The market is filled with clothes, records, accessories, furniture and food. Majority is second hand but there are a few indy designers sprinkled here and there. I left with a such great items one of which was a vintage watch pendant that I love. Loved it so much I wore it right out of the market, so you know that's a good buy. If your ever in Berlin and love thrifting as much as I do then don't miss Mauerpark on a Sunday afternoon. Negotiate...most vendors are not stuck on prices some didn't even know the value of the items that they have. My friend left with a funky pair of Swatch sunglasses for 6 euros. The vendor wanted 15 euro but he had no idea what Swatch was.  She saw this weakness and played dumb and he lowered the price to 6 Euros. Oh 1 key of advice get there early because it get's really crowed as the day goes on.
Pictures of my finds and info. below the cut...


Happy Shopping!!! 
Bernauer Straße 63-64
13355 Berlin 
Summer: Sun, 8:00AM-6PM
Winter: Sun, 8:00AM-sunset

This lovely leather vintage jewelry box w/mirror 4 Euro= $5.75

Clock Pendant brand new with a vintage feel 15 Euro= $21.50

Multiple Strand cuff necklace 1.50 Euro= $2.15 and bracelet 1 Euro= $1.44

Wool knicker pants 8 Euro= $11.48

Wool Dirndl Skirt 6 Euro= $8.61

Womens blouse 6 Euro= $8.61


Leather braided bracelet with magnet closer 2 Euro= $2.87 (watch not included)

No comments:

Post a Comment