12/10/2014

DIY Tip 101: Men Cuff Links

Here's a nifty tip for men. 
Forever 21 - Post Earrings as Cuff Links

Have you ever went to wear a French cuff shirt and realized you forgot your cuff links? This happened to my date when we attended a wedding. 

Good thing for him I can think on my toes and that I purchased a pair of post earrings from Forever 21 earlier that day while I was at the mall.  

If you come into this situation take a pair of post earrings and wear them as a cuff link. Yes the earring is only one sided but it beats having a flapping cuff. 

Another option ... All you need is to have the minimum sewing skills and four shank buttons to create cuff links using these four easy steps.

  1. Thread your needle with a heavy duty thread
  2. Create a loop between the two buttons
  3. Pull the loop to cause a slight tension leaving about 1/2" space between the two buttons
  4. Using a chain stitch create a post between the two buttons.


Wallah! You now have a pair of cuff links. 




Now if that isn't Styling on a Dime, I don't know what is. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment