1/28/2011

Shapercise or Not???



Muscle Toning, Calorie Burning and Shaper all in one.  That's what the company ShaToBu promises with there product Shapercise.  Shapercise is a underwear shaper that has extra resistance with strategically placed seamless bands for increased muscle work when walking or moving.
 

"A woman can wear her Shapercise, Powered by ShaToBu all day, every day," says Jacqueline Elman, Director of Marketing.  I am a woman so I took the challenge to road test this product. The shaper comes in waist to knee and high waist to knee.  I have the high waist to knee.  The first thing like any other shaper is it fits like second skin, but I feel with the added resistance it tends to run a bit smaller so I would start off going up a size.  Inside of the package are detailed instructions on how to put on the shaper.  I do not read instructions so my initial put on was quite comical and would make good material for any SNL episode.  After putting on the shaper you are supposed to go about your daily routine (or course with your clothing  on top of the shaper).  Also inside of the package is a card with exercise tips.  These exercises can be easily incorporated into your daily routine ie. squats, side leg raise...  From previous post you may know that I work in a theater so my daily routine consist of climbing, bending, running, walking and all of those exercise like qualities so I didn't pay much attention to the exercise tips.  After a long day of wearing the Shapercise I couldn't wait to take it off. Though I have to admit I was slim and trim in my clothes all day I am not used to wearing shapers and just wanted to be free.  The instructions suggest that you wear the shaper all day every day which in my case was not possible especially because I only have 1 shaper.  It also says "the more you move, the more you benefit" which I feel would be the case with or without the shaper.  Now if you are a shaper wearer I would say go for the Shapercise why not get added help while having slim lines.  If your like me and can't stand to be restricted by a shaper go ahead and just do the 30-40 mins of excerise a day...


What are your thoughts to Shapercise or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment