4/26/2011

3 weeks of Nail Color Fabulosity

That's what Gelish promises to consumers.  I personally never get manicures because by the next day my polish ends up cracked and unattractive.  I was reading O magazine and lo and behold one of the editors tried out a polish called Shellac.  Shellac promises your polish to stay on for 14 days!!! I read this and got really excited.  Here's my chance to get a manicure and keep it.  Before I made an appointment I tweeted about Shellac and one of my twit pals said to "try out Gelish it's better for your nails"   The salon that I went to does both Gelish and Shellac but my manicurist said she preferred Gelish so that's the one I went with. The process involves a primer, bottom coat, nail color and top coat.  Between each coat your hand goes under UV lights for 30 seconds-2 mins.  At the end of the manicure my hands were completely dry I even did the keys in the purse test.   Of course I can't attest to it lasting for 3 weeks just yet but so far so good I will update pictures each week.  Oh and the manicure only cost me $25!!! (the cost varies between $25-50)


 WEEK 1 
(I chose a light natural color but next time I'm going BOLD!!!)

WEEK 2
Yes the polish is still on but my nails have grown considerably and you can tell because the polish is far from my cuticles.  Good thing I chose a light color.  I'm right handed and my thumb and pointer nails on my right hand actually cracked.  I called the salon and they was very surprised and said that never happened before.  Figures...also my nails are very strong the other day I was vacuuming (yes I do domestic work) and I was trying to pull the hose out which seemed to be stuck.  My left hand slipped and my thumb nail hit my right hand.  It actually broke skin n I was wounded.  I say this to say be careful your nails can be weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment