5/03/2011

MET GALA 2011

The Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 2) held in NYC.
This years Met Gala honors the late Alexander McQueen, his inventive work, and the impact it’s had on the fashion industry.  Here are some of my favorites...and some that are not so hot. 

Alexander McQueen’s Savage Beauty Exhibit for the the Metropolitan Museum’s Costume Institute  Opens May 4-July 31, 2011

 

Serena Williams wearing Oscar de la Renta... Im not sure what to say other than bride gone bad. I will say I like the hat.


Ciara wearing Prabal Gurung...very reminiscent of Alexander McQueen beautiful 


A pregnant Jessica Alba wearing Ralph Lauren Collection custom platinum lamé strapless bustier gown with crystal-encrusted silk tulle overlay and a matching bag. I think she look very classic and she's glowing 

  
Mary Kate (Red) and Ashley (Black) Olsen...
Mary Kates wearing a vintage Givenchy Haute Couture gown and Ashley wore a vintage Christian Dior Haute Couture gown with Christian Louboutin shoes.  These two are determined to look like life sized American Girl dolls. 


 Zoe Saldana always beautiful and fresh faced wearing Calvin Klein Collection 


Love, Love, Love Leelee Sobieski in Vionnet.  If I had this dress I would wear it to a ball, to the supermarket, to the beach every wear.


Now I love Naomi Campbell and I know she loved Alexander McQueen but some items are best left in the showroom


Barbara Walters wearing obviously something in her closet now Babs you could have done better.  When in doubt lil black dress.  


J Hud got it right wearing Vera Wang.  Gorgeous


Beyonce wearing Emillio Pucci. Frankly I'm tired of the hour glass silhouettes I've seen Bey look better. She's accompanied by her husband rapper Jay Z




 

No comments:

Post a Comment